nitrates way too high!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jneigh1

Reefing newb
two weeks ago i had bought a lionfish. to feed the lionfish i bought minnos and silversides to feed him. this got way to hard to do because i also had a trigger in the tank that would steal the food. unlike the lionfish that ate the food whole, the trigger striped them and left remains that uped the nitrate levels. i got frustrated with feeding the lionfish and so got rid of him, but when i was getting him out i had accedently knocked a giant can of flake food into the tank. i didnt check my nitrates because i already knew they were gonna b high so this whole week i have been doing water changes. last night i did a 25% water change and thought i had taken care of it. but i just checked the nitrates and they are about 40ppm! i dont know what to do, i am thinking about doing another 25% water change but i dont want to hurt the system.

+1 Dustin.
I would probably even up em to 50%.As long as the temp,PH,and salinity match,it wont hurt anything.

Thread closed, please give any more answers in the other thread that was started. Bad, double poster, bad!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back