Not New but just downgraded

chargin22

Reefing newb
I recently downgraded my beautiful 55gal saltwater aquarium to a 29gal and have had nothing but problems i know a smaller tank is harder to keep up but this is just too much. I do not have a sump or skimmer anymore just a hang on the back filter and its just not doin the job. If anyone has any tips or help for me PLEASE! i need it

So its not a biocube? Get rid of the hob filter and get a hob protein skimmer and waterchanges. That is all you can do besides insuring you have open lr. Please post oictures to see whats going on. Good luck and welcome aboard

What exactly are the problems you're having with it? How long has it been set up? What are you using for source water? What are your parameters? What is your stock list?

On my 29 gallon my filtration consists of live rock and a skimmer. I also have a canister filter filled with 2 bags of Carbon and a bag of PhosGuard. My chem's stay really well, only do a 15% water change once a month.

On my 29 gallon I have a HOB skimmer, HOB filter running purigen (not sure if it does much really) and do weekly water changes of 5 gallons.

All my parameters are fine. Ive just recently started loosing all my corals. And now i have a break out of red algae. Dont mean to complain im just tired of the problems with this tank. Never had to deal with this before.

Back