Not sure how to use the new tank with overflow

lilyicu

FOWLR
I received this tank for free from a friend. I was going to clean and resell. Now I am interested in maybe keeping and moving my 75g over to this tank. However, I'm not sure how this overflow works. The main overflow is in the center of the tank with several dividers on both sides. At the very end there are two small holes going back out and into the tank. Do they need pumps in those last area to pump the water back out into the tank? Is this sump, fuge area? I think that it is a custom tank and they were running freshwater but it looks like it might be great for saltwater if I can figure it out. Here are some pics.

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

It sounds like you've got it figured out. It looks like the water flows in from the center and then flows out to both sides. You'll need two pumps (one for each side) and then plumbing to get the water back to the tank. I'd also suggest a ball valve on each side because you'll need to adjust the flow to get it just right. It just kinda looks like a big nanocube.

Now that I have taken it out and cleaned it up, it looks like an awesome tank, however, the top part is actually fixed onto the tank. I have several large pieces of LR that will not be able to fit inside the tank. I'm very upset because the tank is awesome and I have been trying to find a sump for my 75g tank and thought this was the perfect answer. But I think I might have to stick with selling it.

are you open to breaking the live rock into smaller pieces, this way you will be able to use your system and your live rocks. just a thought.

I could but they are covered with mushrooms and pulsing xenia and since I'm not sure how I have managed to get sooooo many of them I would hate to do anything that might kill them.

Back