Not sure if my Anthelia will make it?

felixfish

newbie reefer
We picked up a 20 g tank at the LFS. One rock full of Anthelia waving hand coral I placed back in the tank, and the other in my 55 g at home. The first time adding a pulsing Xenia in my at home tank the coral died after the first couple days, and this Anthelia looked the same after a night in my tank. I then took it back out and transferred it to the 20g. This is what it looked like today (day 2). Some of the polyps came out only a little bit, but were closed all but one arm that looked as if it was almost cut completely off. One pick is the thriving and the other is the dud. What do you think?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 413
  • dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 439
Guessing that the pictures were taken in different tanks? If so, then the coral is in acclimation to the water perameters of it's new tank. The coral itself looks to be alive, just closed up tighter than Ron Jeremy's butt hole at a Gay Pride parade.

Haha no It there both back in the 20g tank. I took it out of my 55g from home and took the pic today. I really don't get why I can't grow anything at home and starting to piss me off. Plus every time I try and put snails in (even after 3hr acclimation) they all die.

I do have an old style korilia pump and heard they add stray voltage into the tank. I'm going threw an algae bloom currently and waiting for my ATS to start producing green turf.. uggh

Back