Nova Lights RATTLING!

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
I have a 36" Current Nova Extreme Pro Light Fixture that started rattling about a week or so ago, and it only seems to be getting worse/louder. I bought it less than two months ago. Have you all had a problem like this with the Nova Extreme Pros? Is there a way to fix it, or should I contact Current?

I haven't had that problem. I'd contact them. Are all the bulbs working? Have you tried twisting them a bit in case it's a loose bulb? Or is it coming from the fan area?

If I were you, I'd take off the end of it (it's screwed in) and just make sure that the fans are clean and everything is screwed in tightly, the way it should be. Maybe try some compressed air on the inside of it to dislodge anything that could be screwing it up. If that doesn't work, I'd call them.

I would call them first. You dont want to go and void any sort of warranty by opening the fixture. Especially if the fixture is only 2 months old.

Thanks guys. I think I'll inspect the light fixture tomorrow, and then make a decision about what to do. I don't want to break the fixture, but if it's something I can fix, I'll give it a shot.

Back