Now I Know

yote

In Memoriam
Why my shrimp went bye bye.
I got another FREAKING mantis.:grumble:
Back of the tank,bottom foundation rock.:pooh:

mantis are a pain when you don't want them...... I gotta ask..... how many does this make? how long has the rock been in the tank?

If you bought your rock at the LFS, I might never buy rock from there again! Well at least you have an excuse to break out the camos :)

Dang! I have been wishing I would get one so I can set up a mantis tank, and here you are getting them all.LOL

Well good luck getting it out, and hope it's an easy removal for you.

mantis are a pain when you don't want them...... I gotta ask..... how many does this make? how long has the rock been in the tank?

This one makes 7 Acer. I've had most of the rock for a couple of years now.But I've been slowly adding more live rock for the past 3 months.

If you bought your rock at the LFS, I might never buy rock from there again! Well at least you have an excuse to break out the camos :)

You could say that I dont actually buy the rock.I go in and volunteer some time when I can and I get paid by having my pick of any livestock in the store.
Guess when I get rid of this mantis,I'll just go with dry base for the rest of my rock:grumble:
BTW
I already knew the risks of getting another mantis.Were all the time getting mantis shrimp with the live rock shipments,and we generally feed them to the wrasses we have in the store.

Bobby,Your welcome to him if I can catch him alive.

Last edited:
This one makes 7 Acer. I've had most of the rock for a couple of years now.But I've been slowly adding more live rock for the past 3 months.

OMG 7 of them!!!! most people never get one! LOL maybe you should start doing a freshwater dip on the rock you get..... flush em out before you add it to the tank!!!

Either that or start QTing the rock,Which I may do.
Might be fun to sit my 75 back up just for rock and the hitch hikers.HMMM,.

Dang 7! We now don you a new name "The mantis man" . Biff we need this to into effect immediately. TIA

J/K I will gladly pay for shipping if you catch it alive and want to ship it. If so let me know.

Dang 7! We now don you a new name "The mantis man" . Biff we need this to into effect immediately. TIA

J/K I will gladly pay for shipping if you catch it alive and want to ship it. If so let me know.

If I can him out alive,he's yours:D

Good luck yote. :Cheers: You should write a book about catching mantis shrimp. Call it "catching mantis shrimp for dummies" You outta have it down to a science by now.:frustrat:

Dude another one! You have just sold me on NEVER buying live rock from the place you get yours(I wont name them because its good rock)!

Back