O no!!!!!!

shades251

Reefing newb
my new lion ate my firefish the night he went in the tank ( one week ago) i have tried to feed him every other day since then and he will not eat at all well this morning i got smart and dropped in a peppermint shrimp soon as it hit the water my lion came from his little hiding cave all the way arcoss the tank and hit it like a bull dog... soo i was sad that he wont eat frozen but happy he was eating well about 20 min ago i walked by the tank and there sat my pepermint prancing around a piece of LR unharmed:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat: how am i supposed to get him to eat frozen or eat at all for that matter???????

How long has the lionfish been in the tank? Alon of times they will not eat for extended periods of time even months after being added to a tank. It is surprising that he ate the firefish tho if he won't eat anything else. Also what kind of lion and how big/old is he?

he is a red volitain and is very small like 3 inch body....ill try the silversides.....its really odd he ate the firefish it was huge compared to him so i thought

yea i got that part PRC but thanks for your :twocents: haha its just i watched him hit it and swallow 95 % of it...o well lol guess ill keep trying:frustrat::frustrat:

ok thanks for advise as to feeding but what about him eating my pepermint then finding the peppermint alive later

You know how an ole largemouth will spit the hook of your not quick on the set? Same thing with your lion and the pepperment.:D The lion didnt swallow him quick enough and the shrimp got away.:mrgreen:

Shades, you can also soak that siverside in a little garlic to help stimulate his appetite, in addition to skewering it on a stick and moving it like a puppet fish! *L*

thanks yote put it in terms i cant understand...

speakin of being dumb ole red recks you ready for november?

Dang straight I'm ready for Nov. I wont be able to bow hunt this year,but when black powder opens I'll be sittin a patch of Whitetail clover and Biologic with my CVA.:bounce:

Really stoked since a big 180 class 12 has been seen hanging around my food plots.:^:

Dang straight I'm ready for Nov. I wont be able to bow hunt this year,but when black powder opens I'll be sittin a patch of Whitetail clover and Biologic with my CVA.:bounce:

Really stoked since a big 180 class 12 has been seen hanging around my food plots.:^:

I'm gonna miss bow to...:frustrat: but i just bought a CVA and re zeroed my 30.06 it was little low last year...i drove bye my stand a few weeks ago swear i saw da dirty point buck

Back