obscure help needed

lilduud

Reefing newb
so there is a female picasso clown for sale on my local forum for 40 dollars... heres is the link
FS - Pacaso - San Diego Reef Forums
she looks fairly mature IMO because of her black developement. anyway shes cheap for this area and i want to jump on it... only thing is i do want a pair... would i have to buy the single from the store at the same time and introduce them together? also she appears alot older than the one id be buying from the store as he has no black at all...

it would save me 30 dollars to buy the female and male seperately but would it be more wise to just buy the pair for the 30 more so that they are the same age...

Nope, the more different they are in size and appearance, the bigger the chance they will get along. If they look alike, they are more likely to fight for dominance. It could still take them a while to pair up though.

Make sure you know the difference also between the grades. That one you linked to may be cheaper because it's a grade B. The Grade B's are similar to Misbars for normal percs, they won't get as much of the white coloration as the grade A's will.

i wonder if i could pair my black clown with the picasso female... mines a male as of now and whenever i bought him... he had no other clown to change sex for so it should still be a boy. i wonder what kinda babies theywould make!

i prefer a more blakc colouration to the picassos personally... i guess i like the grade be better... but is that link for the fish store grade a or b?

If they are different species, then they won't mate. If they are different species, they probably won't get along at all. But I don't know what kid of black clown you have.

a black perc i think? haha hes small like a normal percula... only hes black... he started out orane and turned black and he still has a little orange on his face.

Back