Oceanic Salt??

wayne44

Reefing newb
has anyone using this salt had trouble keeping up parameters lately?? I cant seem to keep mine up....just wondering if they made a bad batch?? never had this problem before...any help appreciated

which parameters are you talking about. Oceanic is very high in Calcium so that shouldn't be a problem. A lot of the users on here have used it sometime or the other but tended to have changed to another brand over time.

P.S.- There has been known for bad batches to be found in several brands. In some cases it is the salt and others it is differing testing kits used by different people that make confusion.

Right now I'm using Kent salt.But started my tank with Oceanic.
I like the calcium level,it was always at 500 right out of the bucket.Alkalinity was a little low for me,9DKH which I would dose SeaChems Reef Builder to bring that up.But only had to dose that once a week.I also found the magnesium to be just a tad low.Sometimes I would dose for that,sometimes I didnt,just depended on my mood at the time.

I love oceanic salt. I have used it for almost a year now, exclusively. I seem to find a salt on the 200 gallon bucket just about the time that I need more. Great stuff. I have never been low on anything. I do dose once a week for DKh and just a touch for Cal, but that is to keep my parameters at 12 DKh and 500+ for cal. My guess is a bad batch or try a new test kit. Take it to the LFS and have them test it for free and compare results.

-Doc

Back