octopus dnw-200

when i talked to bullitt eariler he said that he needs an input pump and did not what size he needed it has the pump on the skimmer but did not come with or say dow big of input pump it needs. my guess was a mag 3 or 5 but i am not shure

no biff its this one.OCT-DNW-200 Octopus Recirculating Skimmer [27] $324.99
pixel_trans.gif

DNW-150-6530.jpg
Item #: OCT-DNW-200
Allows the user to input the exact amount of water desired to be skimmed.
Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer.
Needlewheel pump driven.
Internal or External use.
In sump or out of sump.
High performance venturi air injection system.
Rating: Up to 300 gallons.
Diameter = 8" Height = 29"
Footprint = 9" x 21.25"
New pinwheel impeller increases the performance by 30%.

Normal recommendations are for 1.5 X's your tank volume. Something around 200gph for your use. I use a maxi jet for my DNW-150. It is working great. Hope you like yours.

Octopus DNW-200 Recirculating Skimmer by CoralVue.

Specifications:

- 7.8" Diameter
- 29.64" Tall
- Equiped with with needle wheel impeller recirculating pump
- - Requires additional feed pump with gph rating at approx. 1.5 times volume of your system.- Recommended for aquariums up to 400 gallons
- Footprint 9" x 21"

Last edited:
The water/bubble line should be somewhere in the area of the taper in the neck or at most just up into the neck.
What pump are you using to feed the skimmer? A MJ 600 would probably be plenty of pump.

Yes, you only want the water line to come up into the neck or slightly higher. Any higher and it will make the skimmate to liquiddy( is that a word) or overflow it all the time.
Where do you have the riser tube set at? Can you post a pict? Capt. is great help with these skimmers and with a pict maybe even I could help you out.
And I had to ask tons of questions to get mine set up also because they come with no instructions.
Were here to help.

Back