Octopus Protein Skimmers

bigploch

Fan of Water
I have had enough protein skimmers since getting in to the hobby to know that cheap=crap. I need to replace my protein skimmer due to electrical problems with the pump and want to get an octopus because they come so highly recommended. The only problem is there are so many skimmers from that manufacturer, I don;t know which one to get. I have a 110 gal display and a 30 gal sump as far as volume goes. Any thoughts? I want to stay around the 200 dollar range is possible.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I need to know what specific skimmer you would recommend for my tank. I understand to choose one for double what your tank is rated but does anyone have a similar size tank that you could recommend a specific skimmer? Thanks again.

Octopus Extreme 200.......or Octopus extreme 160 if you are on a tighter budget. I am running a 200 on a 180 with a 60 sump, no problems. Pulls the crud out like you wouldn't believe

Melonbob is right. The extreem line is even better. Get that if you can. But I was trying to keep you around the $200 range.

Back