Octopus

They wouldn't be easy to care for really. I hear that they will find their way out of the tanks and they have a habit of inking the aquarium if kept.

I know someone who had one and it would crawl out and reek havoc I wouldn't try it unless you have a gigantic tank with a lock on lid they are very smart and can figure out escapes

When I was younger I worked in a LFS and Octopus would come through from time to time, and they will eat everything in your tank and escape for lids even if weighted, they are awesome creatures but hard to keep in the tank.

Octopus are very complicated to keep alive in captivity, we had one member have one it lasted about 3 days. They can escape almost any tank and if it is a smaller tank and theyink your tank is toast

Your also very very new to the hobby, You have asked about a shark and an octopus. These need lots of room and a well established tank. Just start off slow with some easier fish then move on to more complicated fish.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I am glad to learn they are not for beginners, hence the asking, "are they easy to care for". What are some fish that are good for beginners?

Glad you are taking advice to heart, clown fish are good begginer fish along with damsils (but they are mean) chromis are good ones gobies and some blennies :Cheers:

awesome, thanks y'all.

Yeah, I am already jumping in over my head with my recent acquisition of a 110 gallon saltwater tank and system that I know nothing about. I certainly won't spend $600 in fish just to kill them. That's why I am asking!

If any one of y'all tell me, "N.T.T., what are you crazy? Don't get a puffing-clown-fire-eel-queen-tang!" Then, I will be taking your word!

Back