Odyssea LEDs

kbuser92

Breeder
Half of the LEDs on my fixture are burnt out, the other half are dimming. I found an exact replacement but Im wondering if itll happen again or if Id be better off buying a stunner strip?

How long have you had the fixture? When properly designed LED's should last longer than many people have their tanks. I think if it were me, I would look for a different solution if Odessya is unwilling to replace it

They should definitely replace that fixture for you...you haven't even had it a year yet, and they're supposed to last at least 10 years.

I don't think it matters, they're the same company I believe. And I thought you were talking about the actual led fixture was defective/burnt out...those moonlights don't seem to last very long. All it takes is a lil moisture/salt creep to burn them out.

Even at 24x7 the lifespan is far longer than a few months -and moonlight LED's are low wattage, so they should last even longer

At 24 hours a day, an LED rated for 50,000 should still last almost 6 years, you sound contact the maker and get a replacement

Back