Ok help with corals

Like Biff said,If its not coming off,its not cyano.So thats leaves coralline and turf algae.
Any way you post a pic of it?

ok now another question. I have a 180 with a 40 gal sump and an 18 gal fuge. as far as my cleanup crew, it consists of 2 cleaner shrimp. 4 turbo snails, 1 emerald crab, a sand sifting star, and that about sums it up. How many of what do I need to have an adequate cleanup crew???

also my wife wanted me to ask if it is common for the turbo snails shells to turn green as well. another thing is, today I tried to scrub some of the algae off with a tooth brush and it didn't come off. As of 3 hours ago my parameters are Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 5, phosphates are somewhere between 0.03 and 1 It's hard to read the ranges on the Salifert test, my ph is at 8.4, my temp is at 78.1, salinity is at 1.027. My lighting is on a 12 hour cycle and I have 3 250w HQI at 14k, and 4 96w power compact actnics. If your curious as to what Ive stocked the tank with so far its the first post on the thread.

Algae will cover anything it can attach itself to, including snail shells. So yes, that's normal.

You should get more snails. If I were you, I'd get about a dozen astraea snails. They work on the glass. You should also get some nassarius snails for the sand. You can buy small pea-sized ones, or larger acorn-sized ones. I would also recommend a mix of some other snails too: trochus, nerite, cerith and conchs. In all, I'd say to add 30 or so snails.

HEHE
I've seen turbo snails with xenia attached to their shells,so you know their movin slow enough for just about anything to grow on em:D

lol thats funny! I seen a you tube video with xenia on a hermit crab shell as well. The turbo snails I have move really fast. Could they be another kind of snail???

Back