Ok I'm stumped????

Aquarian

Reef pro
I have what I thought was two pest nems and now a third has shown up all within two inches of each other. I know it's not a nem because when I touch it, it retracts into its skeleton. They are very small only 1/8" in diamator and they resemble a plate coral. I have not had a plate coral in this tank or any of my other tanks, the rock was dry rock with no skeletons on it.

Any ideas?
9883E1DD-CE96-4A88-B244-BEBF2225A2BE_zps0z2cctjr.jpg

CAF70E45-793C-42B6-94C4-1C85CAC10201_zpslyc48ool.jpg

Look like a nem to me too, but if they have a skeleton, not sure.

I don't think it is a plate coral since the ones I have don't resemble that action at all. In fact, the plates I have don't extend much past their skeleton.

It is only slightly larger than the skeleton. And it has tentacles very much like a plate. I will have to try to get better pics. Hope I don't have to tear the tank down to get them.

I sent a email to WWM we'll see what they come back with. @ErinCahir Thanks I forgot all about WWM

This is my favorite part of reef keeping there's always something popping up and new things to learn about.

Ok I know what they are! They are growing pieces of my Pavona Coral it was on this rock when I first placed it in the tank. It must have been attached when I reaquascaped

Back