Ok...So here is my new tank...

I am going to pick it up in like an hour... Then, tomorrow I am going to paint the stand, I might just wait till monday to set everything up...I need to figure out how I am going to plumb everything... Any thoughts on whether I should use an external pump, or just use the rio 2500 as my return... Any suggestions would be great... So far I htink I am going to use my 40 gallon long and my 20 high as a sump and fuge, but I don't want to drill the tanks, could I just use powerheads to go between the two tanks...

Since your using 2 different taks for a sump and fuge,You might want to set the fuge higher than the sump and go with a double over flow of some kind.
I just dont think I would trust a pump to keep the water level between the 2.

Did I read that right?

Thats more than a good deal....its a fantastic deal!

I don't believe having a separate sump and fuge will work without them being drilled.Sure,you can set the fuge higher and use a small overflow box but I wouldn't risk it.

I agree with what others have said, a 40 gallon sump/fuge is a good size for that tank. Of course, the bigger the better, but connected the two tanks will be complicated.

Since your using 2 different taks for a sump and fuge,You might want to set the fuge higher than the sump and go with a double over flow of some kind.
I just dont think I would trust a pump to keep the water level between the 2.

i would have to agree here. you will want to use either an overflow box on the fuge or set the fuge INSIDE the 40 sump and let it overflow into the 40. if the pump goes out then you would have a big problem if you just used the pump to keep the levels even.

maybe try to include all your hardware and fuge in the 40. That would solve your problem. Myself, I am not a fan of the fuge and STILL think they are more trouble than they are worth. Up to you. Great find on your tank.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back