OK Whats up!

rlsdsurfer

Reefing newb
Newbie here, mt tank is on its 8 week of cycling all parameters are right there:

Trites are 0
trates 10ppm
Amo 0
ph 8.0 8.2
sal 1.025/026

My skarlet cleaner seems to be fine, pulsating Zania is growing, (under 6700K), yet the first 2 lil cromies I've put in have died. One in 36 hours the other yesterday @ 1:30. I hate killin fish!
LFS said they might have come in sick. The last one I watched closely and noted a pink/red tint to its body/around the gills.

I doubt it's voltage if the inverts and corals seem fine. But if you just got them, it's possible they just couldn't handle the move, like the LFS said. How did you acclimate? Were they eating at the lfs? Unfortunately, it happens. If you continue to get fish that die, maybe it's the lfs that keeps getting bad stock. And sometimes, it just happens for no appoarent reason, unfortunately.

I doubt it's voltage if the inverts and corals seem fine. But if you just got them, it's possible they just couldn't handle the move, like the LFS said. How did you acclimate? Were they eating at the lfs? Unfortunately, it happens. If you continue to get fish that die, maybe it's the lfs that keeps getting bad stock. And sometimes, it just happens for no appoarent reason, unfortunately.
temp is 79 ann yes I did check for voltage. Both fish ate well in tank, didn't see them eat at the LFS. Acclimated for 2 hours in a bucket. Coral is actually doing well growing with only 6700k light.

Back