OMG my nassariuw is..........

LMFAO !
PHWWEEEEWWWW!
jaco-1.jpg

snake.jpg

Sorry to pull us off topic a bit, even though were are no where near it to begin with... but I got a nassarius question... Why is one of mine running around naked on my glass while the lights are on? Normally they are hidden the whole time the lights are on, then come out at night. This guy has no shell, and is going around the wall... When I bought 10 of them, i counted as i put them in, and there was an extra 1 or 2 with out shells, I saw my 6-line demolish one right away... maybe this is a lone survivor of the naked nassarius cult?!
Aquarium292.jpg

I don't get it... I mean, snails are attached to their shells. They don't just live in them, the shell is actually a part of their body. I don't see how it could survive even for a minute without a shell.

Yeah i was wondering how that worked... I know they build their shells as they grow, so how can it be detached? So far hes been alive all day just chilling, sliming around the glass. The 6-line is missing, so nothing in my tank really nips at him. Id think the pygmy angel would, but he hasnt. At foster and smith when I got them the lady threw in a handful of snails and charged me for 10, I ended up getting like 12 with shells and 2 with out, I didnt notice this one until now though, and that was like a month ago.

Yeah i was wondering how that worked... I know they build their shells as they grow, so how can it be detached? So far hes been alive all day just chilling, sliming around the glass. The 6-line is missing, so nothing in my tank really nips at him. Id think the pygmy angel would, but he hasnt. At foster and smith when I got them the lady threw in a handful of snails and charged me for 10, I ended up getting like 12 with shells and 2 with out, I didnt notice this one until now though, and that was like a month ago.

Back