OMG those Tangs are messy !!!!

Lesely

Reefing newb
HI, Was wondering how most people remove Tang crap from the sand bed.
I have plenty of flow 4 tunze wave makers running as high as they can go without blasting the corals around.Storm mode set every hour with random flow. I have a fairly heavy crushed coral 2-3ml that doesn't blow around a lot.
I am constantly getting Tang pooh sitting on the sand that even when I rake the top over will not float up but rather sinks to the bottom again.
All the other fish pooh floats away nicely.
I have tried vacuuming the top layer with a standard siphon and it does very little. I have a very deep tank so I have to vacuum downwards not sideways and it has to raise a long way, its just not working.
Pleas help !

Sorry. Mislead you we had crushed coral and swapped out whole sandbed with agronite because we thought it might help it's the same. Crap every where. !!! Does the battery operated vacuums work any better than a hand syphon ?

But the pooh is
You should leave the sand bed alone and get things that sift it, Nass snails, cucumbers, or conch snails.
right there !! I don't have a DSB ? I have 11 strom snails and did have Nass snails but my wretched red coris wrasse ate them all. Been trying to get him for months. Then will buy more cuc ! Doesn't fish pooh sitting there create issues with phos. & nitrates or have I read wrong ?

Worry less about poop and enjoy your tank more. EVERYTHING in there is excreting waste of some sort.
Exactly don't sweat it and enjoy it, get yourself some more nass snails and some conches or try a sand sifting star. Do you have any hermit crabs? If not get some they help with this issue too.

Exactly don't sweat it and enjoy it, get yourself some more nass snails and some conches or try a sand sifting star. Do you have any hermit crabs? If not get some they help with this issue too.
Had lots of hermits but once again wretched coris wrasse ate them all, once we catch him will restock our cuc ? Thanks

Back