One sick sailfin

2XAl

Salt Addict
Hi guys, admins sorry if this is a double post I've been trying to post for a while. We were hit pretty hard with a blizzard this weekend with a blizzard. I was able to keep the tank warm, lowest being 69, but my light schedule was all screwed up. My sailfin was fine before bit since we've been on permanent power hasn't even been eating. I came home today to find it covered in white spots (see ich) I immediately removed it from the tank where a Pair of ocellaris clowns live with a watchman goby. We had a six line but haven't seen him so we fear the worst. The sailfin is in a bucket right now, still swimming but struggling, any suggestions? I going to do some water tests tonight.

I would have left him in the tank, he was stressed from everything going on in the tank, then you stressed him even more by pulling him out and sticking him in a tiny bucket. Pulling him out did nothing, the other fish already have Ich, they're just not showing symptoms ... I would put him back in the tank, make sure he's eating and just continue to monitor. IMO once Ich is already showing any of the preventative measures for treating it are just going to add that much more stress to an already sick fish.

+1 brian...good luck....hope he pulls through. Is the heater broken, or not strong enough to keep the tank warm because of the power outage?

We lost power for three days, had a generator but shut it off at night. We'll see how the sailfin does overnight

Back