Opinion on Duncans

Tango

Reefing newb
Hey Guys, here is a pic of my Duncans.

I just got them and I just got into LPS, actually corals. These are my first corals.

How do that loook?

I was worried the one on the left is not getting enough light because it's neck is soooo stretched..Is this the case? Also he looks a little light.

Love to hear your opinions.

Attachments

• duncan.jpg
    duncan.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 260
Those are cool looking! I am just getting into corals as well so maybe I'll have to pick one of these up! PS your sand like GREAT! Nice and clean :-D (as for how your corals look, I have no idea but they are very cool looking!)

+1 biff, they look great, congrats. I started out with 3 heads, and now I have about 21, so target feeding them will help them grow quickly.

Thanks guys for the feedback

Kizmar the green one you speak of, is that the left one or right one? I call the left purple and the right one green. Although there isn't much colour on the right one thats why I was worried and the neck is sooo stretched compared to the purple one!

So how can you tell they are happy guys? What are signs I should look for to know if they are healthy or not healthy? Sorry bout the newb questions!

Also I love spot feeding these guys!! But hate the cleaner shrimp always attempting to steal their food. I always shoe them away with something during feeding, but it gets annoying

Try feeding the cleaner shrimp some mysis first. That should keep them busy while you spot feed the corals. Or... Cut the bottom off a water bottle or two-liter, then put that around the coral, using the mouth of the bottle to feed through. This will also help the coral get as much of that food as it can before the current takes it away.

I was referring to the one on the left in the picture.

You can tell those are happy because they're open and not droopy looking.

Thanks guys for the feedback

Kizmar the green one you speak of, is that the left one or right one? I call the left purple and the right one green. Although there isn't much colour on the right one thats why I was worried and the neck is sooo stretched compared to the purple one!

So how can you tell they are happy guys? What are signs I should look for to know if they are healthy or not healthy? Sorry bout the newb questions!

Also I love spot feeding these guys!! But hate the cleaner shrimp always attempting to steal their food. I always shoe them away with something during feeding, but it gets annoying

Try cutting the top off of a 20oz bottom, then place it over the coral before you feed them. That trick has helped me feed MANY a coral without any interference from pesky CUC.

NINJA'D!! Arg!

+1 Everyone. I just got my duncans a month agao and I spot feed mine mysis. It started with 5 heads and now has 7. I love my Duncan. I want a purple duncan. Just a lil too pricey for my budget

Although there isn't much colour on the right one thats why I was worried and the neck is sooo stretched compared to the purple one!

Duncans come in a variety of colors. That light pinkish variety is quite common, and looks normal and healthy. The darker purple kind is also a common color variety. They also come in a bluish color and a greenish color.

Have you tried saltwaterfish.com??? They always have them and I think they are on sale right now. They also ship really cheap to us in Fl. If not them try reefs2go.com. They have them also

Back