ORA and tank bred, same thing?

BL1

I know ORA is a place in Fl that breeds fish but, are they any different then other places that tank breed fish? I was looking on LiveAquaria today and they have a pair of ORA Ocellaris for $100 and VividAquariums has a Pair for $34.99 ... so, is there any difference?

Are they advertising both as a mated pair or just a pair of clowns? A mated pair seem to demand a bit more money than just 2 clownfish.

100 bucks would probably be right if they are mated. Look around and make sure that you are getting mated clowns if that is what you are going for. If you just want a clown fish just buy 1 and dont worry about pairing em. Clown fish are ones that can be bred in a home aquarium.

I've got a little while before my tank will be ready to stock, that's why I'm looking now. I haven't decided if I want a pair of clowns yet since the amount of fish I'll be able to have will be limited ... but, at the same time I don't want him to be lonely by himself

I've got a little while before my tank will be ready to stock, that's why I'm looking now. I haven't decided if I want a pair of clowns yet since the amount of fish I'll be able to have will be limited ... but, at the same time I don't want him to be lonely by himself

eh a single clown is fine. He wont be lonely he can host an anenome, hairy mushrooms, a power head, some algae, etc. You only want the mated pair if your going to breed em.

I don't know why but when I was looking at their page I could have sworn it said tank-bred but I guess I was seeing things

eh a single clown is fine. He wont be lonely he can host an anenome, hairy mushrooms, a power head, some algae, etc. You only want the mated pair if your going to breed em.
Definitely no plans for that (although it would be cool if I could get them to breed .... and then I could post pics of that on Biffs thread ... :rofl:) , maybe later on when I get a bigger tank

Back