Ordering fish online

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Just wondering where people think the better places to order fish online are. I have read some good stuff about places and some bad also so just looking for a start. I was looking at liveaquaria and bluezooaquatics as a start.

Also, I'm looking to put my first fish in my 180. I have a general stocking list of what I'd want in there but not sure where to start at.

Live Aquaria has awesome livestock. I have never received anything but healthy specimens from them. The shipping cost works on you though unless you order enough to get it free as with any site.

I wouldn't order online. Better to have your lfs do a special order. Companies lower their prices and charge you more for shipping. 34 to 40 bucks for overnight, rip off.

I can second the shipping costs. I was going to order a $17 coral online then found the shipping was over $40. pfft.

Find a local business that deals in aquariums, not only do you save in the shipping costs but they will also help in how to care for the fish and will help make sure your aquarium is set up properly.

Just my 2 cents.

Its hit and miss, I hate online due to the $30+ shipping costs but like the fact that the livestock usually comes with a guarantee. On the other hand my LFS kind of sucks(employees have no idea what they are doing and the livestock in usually in poor health), has decent prices but no guarantee what so ever. I think it really depends on the quality of your LFS.

Back