Our Reef Tank!

Aiptasia_Farm_DotCom

I'm not lysdexic!
Just some cool pics of our DT that i took when i was home from school and we are in the chemical cycling stage of our newly converted 55 gallon tank!

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpg
    IMG_3453.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
JMO...if I were you, I'd move that frogspawn away from those other corals, or vice versa, before the frogspawn kill them.

or is it the bigger one towards the left side..because our frilly mushroom hasnt been coming out as much as it used to..and it started once we started moving what we thought was just a torch coral..but if its frogspawn could it be keeping our frilly mushroom from really coming out? because normally you cant see the rock that it has attached to..but now you can see almost all of it...

Last edited:
oh..well it just came like that from the Dr. Mac's store in b-more and they told my dad it was a torch..right now its just stuck on the rock with that marine putty or whatever because the bottom fell off...but do you know what i mean about the one on the left side of the screen? right of the bright green coral whose name ive just forgotten...i just dont know if this could be killing our frilly mushroom aka the coral that my clowns hosted

Last edited:
Torches and frogspawns pack a powerful punch. I would keep everything at least 6 inches away from them to keep them from getting stung.

Oh...it could be a torch, they're in the same family...I'm sorry, but I can't make out what that coral is that you are referring to. the pics are too small to distinguish, maybe someone else will chime in.

That's a frogspawn, not a torch. The tentacles of torches are straight, frogspawns have little bulbs on the tips.

The big fleshy green thing is a brain coral. It should be placed on the sand, not on the rocks. It will fill with water and contract and expand, and if it's on the rocks it will easily tear it's flesh. So it's much safer on the sand.

PS -- I bought the CD that your signature is from a couple days ago, and I love it :) :) :) Almost every song is about the ocean and sea critters.

Ocean Eyes from Owl City??!? haha yea its awesome!
but as far as the brain and the frogspawn i texted my dad last night to do so and he did it first thing this morning. Brain to the sand, frogspawn to the far left, and the torch from the coral frag rock to the sand as well..so now we have the little torch, plate coral, and brain coral on the sand, and the frogspawn away from every other coral...sound ok?

Last edited:
Yep, any of those LPS corals with wavy tentacles will pack a punch. At night, they can sometimes extend their tentacles to 4 or 5 times the length that they are at in the daytime, so they could be stinging things and you wouldn't even know it.

Back