Overflow and sump/fuge

andersoned14

Reefing newb
Here is what I'm working on now just thought I would add a few pic in the build process and post the finial in a few day when it is running. I copyied the overflow design from somebody here (sorry can't remember the post or name) that had the clear tube in the tank, way to expensive so I went with regular pvc. It is a 2" with a cap and a 3/4" overflow into a 10gal tank. right is where protein skimmer is going and then flow to fuge--3" sand bed, and cheato-- then to the return chamber.
254a0199.jpg

not enough room to add a bubble trap--didn't want to make the sandbed any smaller
e3d81b2d.jpg
e3d81b2d.jpg

this is the DT right now I all ready removed the protein skimmer, which was on the right side and powered by a maxi-jet. The overflow will be on the right side. So I hope even with the 2" pvc in the tank it will look cleaner than all the other stuff I had without the sump. comments or advice would be welcome as you can see it is not all done and I could still change things a little if it would make a big difference in performance. Thanks

Congrats,you seem very handy.

The skimmer going in the sump?If yes,I fear a micro-bubble machine unless the skimmer has a way of removing them.

Hoping bubbles are not a problem the skimmer will hit side wall for flow and it didnt make any when it was used as a hob so we will see how things work out. Thanks

Here are some updates for the sump; have it all in and running. It was perfect balanced, I have valves just in case, but some times being lucky is better than good. Doesn't loose syphon with power outage, dosen't overflow if it looses syphon. Not sure yet if I am getting miro bubbles it is still to cloudy to tell.
64b2cdc2.jpg

43e8693d.jpg

1ac8b1d5.jpg

8ce28d98.jpg

527ec186.jpg

Here is the tank and over flow pics all done. New light 2-24w and a nano power head--450gph
Just waiting for cheato to grow.
7d82cf97.jpg

this is a pic about a week after I set it up--the oldest pis I have

Back