Overflow box

MoLaw

Reefing newb
I have another question, I have decided to go with an overflow box for my sump instead of modding my tank. The only ones I can really find are the CPR ones such as the CPR CS50. After reading the reviews a lot of people say the air tube gets clogged and causes issues. I was wondering what you guys thought of theses CPR boxes and if they are no good then what kind of overflow boxes you guys are using and where should I look to get a good one. I have found several DIY plans but none that does no caall for bending acrylic which I really do not want to tackle. Thanks for the help

Frank

I used a CPR overflow box for a year and a half. I really liked it. Duh, the airtube will get clogged over time. In saltwater aquariums, everything will get clogged and/or broken without regular maintenance. I had to change out the airtube once every 3 or 4 months. And it was just a few inches of cheapo airline that you can buy anywhere, nothing special. I really like how they have it built in so you can just add a small pump up top to restore siphon if the power goes out. Other brands of overflow boxes don't have that. I would recommend them, highly.

I would have to agree again, your going with the same kind of equipment I just got a while back, really like the overflow, its pretty quiet and reliable, like biff said get the aqua lifter pump for the extra 10$ too. I went with the 600 gph flow 1" one

I bought mine off e-bay. brand new, shipped to my house for 50 bucks! it's a knock off of the cpr, just half the price. I think the e-bay store was called tons of goodies. I have a pic of it posted in my picture gallery if you want to take a look at it.

I will post your pic for you fishbait
hope you dont mind
013_633819.JPG

That one is almost like the one that I got. I think it was like 69$ at dr. F&S. Mine came with the adapter for the bottom and a sponge filter as well. It was kind of hard finding an adapter to 1" vinyl tubing, so a plumbing shop custom made me one for 1.04 with tax. They just shaved the threads off of a 1" threaded piece with a coupler that slid onto 1" hosing. Worked fine, there isnt much pressure, but I cemented it in there and put a ring of silicone around the edge just in case, then used a radiator hose clamp to tighten the tubing around the slide on thing.

Back