overflow box

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
so im getting a 36gal tank and im gonna make my 10gal i have now into a sump but i dont wanna drill the new tank so im looking for an overflow box. I found this one, are there things that make some overflow boxes better than others? anything i should look for?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18358

also, how exactly would this get hooked up to the sump? why are there 2 "nozzles" on the bottom of it? wouldnt i only need one that would go to the sump?

also, when setting up the sump, could i use hozes instead of PVC pipes? it just seems it would make it a hell of a lot easier than having to couple pieces of pvc together?

i think i can field this one.i have the same overflow and you dont need one the big for a 36 gal.thats what they call a dual overflow.you only need the single.the pf 300 or pf 800 are the one you want.

I have the single same overflow on my 35 gal. It works great once you get it set right. A little noisey but I put a towel on top and now can hardly notice it. I used PCV to plumb mine but I think you could can use flex tube.

Last edited:
hey rayray.google gurgle buster.mine was really noisy any i done the gurgle buster to it and you cant here it all now.and my overflow is right behind the couch.(were i sit all the time lol)

Back