Overflow flow question

exWHYzee

Reefing newb
I searched around but couldn't really find what I was looking for. My over flow runs well I have eshopps single u-tub. My problem is after about 30min or so of running smooth when I get home, the side that drains, fills above the draining tube (submerging the tube) which ends up causing a loud suction sucking kind of sound. Its very annoying. I also noticed the tube running from the overflow to the sump has a small leak so it was dripping. Running a rio 2100 I believe on the return. Do I need a larger overflow box? a smaller ph, or would the leak in the tube cause this? I'm just setting up this tank so its been sitting, Ill be going to LFS today thanks. :Cheers:

Sounds like the leakiing tube is your problem in the back The tube that sticks up going to the sumpon the box that hangs off should stick up slightly more than the u tube goes in in the back. If the tube that drains off after the u tube is cracked it could cause this problem. I say fix the leak and see if that fixes it I bet it will.

Back