Overflow.

nanodiva

Reefing newb
My tanks glass is tempered SOOOO i need a HOB overflow, i was thinking of making one but for some reason im thinking that i might just buy one.

how do these look? http://www.marinedepot.com/CPR_CS90...or_Aquariums-CPR-CR1511-FIOFEB-CR1513-vi.html

anyone had any experience with them?

For a 65 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump what size should i get and what GPH return pump would i need? i know it should be at around the same rate for the return pump how close does it need to be (spot on or is there any wiggle room?).

i'm a total sump n00b not gunna lie.
i can draw out the plans and stuff but math for stuff lie this is my arch nemesis.
i have never had a sump.

before i had a 10 gal nano with a massive HOB filter that i made as a HOB sump (hehe the filer was rated up to almost 100 gallons if i'm right gallons) after some alterations it worked out nicely, my seahorses loved it, low flow(and it was adjustable for that! i could speed it up or slow it down with this switch thingy on it) and clean water.
a small HOB skimmer was also hiding on the filter( hehe the tank sat like 1 foot from the wall with everything on the back of it! )

Back