Pairing a cleaner and a fire shrimp?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Seeing as my one of my fire shrimp died, I was wondering if I can get a cleaner instead, just to change it up a little. Will they get along? Will they set up shop together, or just hang out at opposite ends. I thought the fire was really cool, and they are, but I don't think I want two, I'd rather have something different

Sure,I keep a skunk cleaner and fire together.They both set up cleaning stations on opposite ends.Funny,my fish use the fire for cleaning service more so then the skunk cleaner.Fire shrimps and anthias must be collected in the same area.

I have had three of each in the past. my fire shrimp cleans more than my skunk as well. Go ahead and add with confidence

-Doc

Well, the cleaner has been in there for a day with no problems, the fire stays at one end and cleans uggo the sea hare daily, the cleaner stays at the other end and tries to get any fish to come over, but no takers so far

they will take in a bit. mine took about 2 weeks before the fish realized that they were there to clean. after that, they constantly went over for a back-scratch. the fish just laid on their side and let the shrimp crawl all over them

-Doc

Back