Parasite?

LionFish

Resident Photoshopper
Black spots on my Large yellow tang
He seams to be fine other than his looks, Swimming Great. not breathing eraticly, Eating like a cow,
Nightshots002.jpg

Nightshots003.jpg

Any Ideas, I am feeding Omega one with garlic, and frozen.
My water is in Spec,

God I hope not .
in a tank with a majority of tangs in it I would think Black ich woulda spread on to the others by now,

Thanks for that search. I can never seam to get ReefCentral to let me search.

I will keep up the garlic in the food, These spots seam to have gotten smaller ofer the past 2 days. I dont wanna have to pull this fish

But i will set up the 20 tall just in case,

I woke up to discover ich on my flame angel today. Had to build a DIY QT tank out of my empty 5.5g
Going to start trapping fish as soon as the silicone dries. They will all have to be put into QT for the next couple months. :frustrat:

Hope you can fix your fish without going through the same hassle as me.

The search on RC works better late at night when less people are on.

I would leave him alone. There are so many things it could be. You are in good shape since he is eating well. Keep up with the garlic and let nature run its course. even if it is Ich, and it spreads to other fish, you might make things worse with scaring the hell out of him trying to catch him and moving him to a QT tank. Just my :twocents:

Don't worry til he stops eating.

-Doc

I agree with Doc.If a fish already has ick,then its already stressed,so why stress it even more by chasing it with a net?
If one of mine gets ick,it better be able to fight it off on its own.Cause other wise,its hermit food.

yup. it is hard to stomach when the fish cost $120 but hey, who is counting after the $1000's we have spent over the years? but I agree Yote, leave it be.

-Doc

my purple pseudochromis got ich three days after I got him. then it spread to my sixline. of course, it would have taken a stick of dynamite to catch either one. I chased them around with a net, off and on, for at least an hour. so, I gave up, thinking I was just stressing them more and making it worse. I broke out the old formala two flakes (they have garlic in them) and fed them that for a week. the ich was gone at the end of the week. don't know if it was the tad of garlic in the flakes, or if it went away on its own. it's one of those things like this, I drink a six pack of dr. pepper a day, and I don't have cancer. so, that must mean that the Dr. pepper is a cure or prevention for cance, right?lol

As of now there are No signs of anything
Looks Brighter than ever.

So this brings me to a Question
Could it have been a Molting of sort.
Sedding his skin?
Because he looks GREAT now.

Don't all animals molt or shed I think.Maybe it was shedding old scales/skin.
It looks so much better now.That Pro-activ must really work.

Back