Parrot's 150 Long

Thanks guys...will put up a FTS soon. Hopefully the corals start taking off and filling out. Got some real cool pieces from a new store recently for some good prices. Red gonio, a 3" peach/green monti digi, a red monti digi, and a blue tort for $80.

So, I adjusted my lighting a bit, so maybe this triggered it, but I'm having a little bit of an algal or bacterial bloom. My water's a little cloudy and greenish. Not sure what to do, if anything. It could also be from the biopellets...
Anyone have any experience with this?

Just some FTS (sort of)

20120315-1.jpg

20120315-2.jpg

Hiding!! Camera shy punks. Still not many fish - got 2 clowns, 1 small convict tang, 1 medium-small tomini, a juvenile foxface, and an ORA mandarin. A little concerned about the Mandarin - I've got a bunch of pods, but he still looks a little pinched. The ORAs seem to all be coming fairly small, so I'm hoping he fattens up. Apparently, they're supposed to eat frozen, but I haven't witnessed it. Hopefully he gets as fat as the mandarin I had in my 75.

Not sure what to add next, fish wise. I really have fallen in love w/tangs and would love another, but I don't know what would be compatible.

oh, and if you have good eyes, you CAN spot the tomini, both clowns, and a very narrow head on view of the convict - all in the top photo.

You could try a chocolate or caribbean blue tang. They both seem to do well in "smaller" i.e. less than 180 size tanks. Unless your convict or tomini is a real bully, both would probably fit right in!

Thanks Sam, I might have to look into that. I'm a little concerned about my convict. He's a baby now, but he's he most dominant fish already. I'm thinking he might grow into a bully.

Added a new fish, named Gustavo! He's a Zebramosa, so I'm hoping he won't fight much with the Acantharus and Ctenochaetus, being a different Genus.
I was stunned, I thought he would have a big problem with the Convict Tang, but the normally reclusive & shy Tomini was actually the pissed one. I turned the lights out for a day to give them a chance to settle, and it looks like everyone has settled into their own space on the reef....we'll see.

20120318-6.jpg

20120318-1.jpg

20120318-5.jpg

20120318-2.jpg

20120318-7.jpg

Back