Peppermint shrimp babies?

Cr1ck37

Reefing newb
So I purchased a peppermint shrimp yesterday at my lfs, and the seller tells me that she looks like she has eggs...anything I should know to help the mother to be? :^:

Yeah I got a pregnant one also and even though I didnt have fish yet to eat them they never made babies. I think maybe they went into the filter.

I do breed freshwater exotic shrimp and when I have a mother with babies I change out the filter for a sponge filter to give them time to grow. They have their tank though with nothing that would eat them.

I have had 3 mothers have numerous eggs and still only gotten a few babies that actually made it.

Yeah babies not very likley from my experience they will be fish food. I had one one time very heavy with eggs that I guess hatched and were still clinging underneath the tail of mom. One day she jets to the surface like a rocket releasing the little ones, she did that 2-3 times but I never saw any babie after the initial release just a lot of fish feeding. Good luck and maybe you will get some to survive.

I wonder if it would work to put the mother into a breeding net and take her out once you see the babies?? If you really want to raise them you might want to try that.

Back