Pests from ReefCleaners?

Bebop

Reefing newb
As a preface, I'm 99.9% sure I'm overreacting; however, i figure it's best to ask anyway.

I just got my order in from ReefCleaners (yay!) I ordered most of my CUC and some Uvla,

I followed his acclimation steps, but when I put the Macro in my tank little bugs just jumped out everywhere. It looks like i got a crab (micro porcelain would be my guess) some copepods (yay), and what looked like either a baby mantis shrimp(boo!)...or an amphipod(yay!). I couldn't grab a picture of it, it jumped under a rock and then when i tried to suck it out with my turkey baster the thing "hopped" around really fast and then hid under another rock.

I'm sure I'm just over reacting, but has anyone ordered from ReefCleaners and gotten pests?

Any live rock you put in your tank has potential to have good and bad pests. I don't get why you would be surprised.

As a preface, I'm 99.9% sure I'm overreacting; however, i figure it's best to ask anyway.

I just got my order in from ReefCleaners (yay!) I ordered most of my CUC and some Uvla,

I followed his acclimation steps, but when I put the Macro in my tank little bugs just jumped out everywhere. It looks like i got a crab (micro porcelain would be my guess) some copepods (yay), and what looked like either a baby mantis shrimp(boo!)...or an amphipod(yay!). I couldn't grab a picture of it, it jumped under a rock and then when i tried to suck it out with my turkey baster the thing "hopped" around really fast and then hid under another rock.

I'm sure I'm just over reacting, but has anyone ordered from ReefCleaners and gotten pests?

I can gladly say out of the six orders I've gotten from RC I've never once gotten a "pest" I've always got exactly what I ordered if not extra in my orders from there. John always hooks me up with great live stock and never in any case has any of it been DOA or any thing like that. If by chance you do have a mantis BONUS!!!! there awesome I want one in time for my tank once i get the 55g up and running the 36 will be a mantis tank. im going to put a roman Colosseum in there and watch it battle for its food hahahaha. I'll even name it Spartacus :D.

Those little bugs that you're referring to are pods - many places will actually charge you for those (or mark up the price of the marco accordingly)

John is a stand up guy, and I have ordered from him many times, and I have never gotten a pest in the algae I have ordered from him

Any live rock you put in your tank has potential to have good and bad pests. I don't get why you would be surprised.

Well it wasn't rock, just algae. And I'm not surprised that it would have pests, just surprised that I haven't been able to find anyone else who got pests from John (which is why I'm asking :D).

Those little bugs that you're referring to are pods - many places will actually charge you for those (or mark up the price of the marco accordingly)

John is a stand up guy, and I have ordered from him many times, and I have never gotten a pest in the algae I have ordered from him

Indeed Northstar I've gotten many things from him over the past year and never had any issues with his stock and when you do have an issue of any kind he's right there to help you out. the customer service he puts out there is impeccable. A++ IMO

Well it wasn't rock, just algae. And I'm not surprised that it would have pests, just surprised that I haven't been able to find anyone else who got pests from John (which is why I'm asking :D).

Ah, but still; little critters are great at hiding LOL

Indeed Northstar I've gotten many things from him over the past year and never had any issues with his stock and when you do have an issue of any kind he's right there to help you out. the customer service he puts out there is impeccable. A++ IMO

This is why I'm asking, no one seems to have ever had a problem. I'm just going to chalk the little guy up to being a good critter.

I'd still recommend reefcleaners, it looks like everything I ordered arrived alive and in good shape, I ordered about 20 dwarf ceriths (amongst other things), must have gotten 50+. I'd still buy from him again.

When i had my cyano issues, John spent a ton of time answering my questions before I placed a single order from him. Because of that outstanding customer service, all of my clean up critters will come from John

Back