ph

A fresh batch of Reefcrystal from my bucket is the following.

Ph- 8.3
Alk- 4.5 meq/L
Calcium- 420
Magnesium- 1350

The only reason I know is because I just did a water change and tested my batch. I test every new bucket I open.

reefreak,piggy thanks.iam going to check another bucket today.something wrong.all and i do you ro di water.thanks guys/gals

mix a max. 1tsp kalk/gallon of RO water and very slowly drip it into your tank as your topoff. Let it mix for a few hours before adding. You can use a small diameter tube with a knot tied in it loosely, or you can get fancy and use one of those IV dripper thingys that you can click faster or slower.

I'm not sure if you are using an RO/DI unit for your water. They typically will lower your pH, so you end up starting out low before the salt is even added.

I struggle with low pH too.

Dissolved co2 in the water lowers pH. If your skimmer intake is pulling air from the room and that room has elevated levels of co2, then you are most likely dealing with elevated co2 in the tank. The co2 from a gas-fired range or even your home furnace could be enough to cause the tank problem. It may not be enough to harm humans and pets, but any levels over outside air will cause low pH in the tank.

Solution:
Run the skimmer intake to a drafty window or drill a hole somewhere and run the skimmer intake outside.

you tell me.i have a coralife 220 where should it be??there was no direction so i hooked it up like i thought it should go.it is making skimmate.

Back