Phosphate

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I see people talking about it all the time but I have yet to experience having it in my tank.

How does it get into the tank to where it would need to be removed?

If you start to see them there are several ways to get rid of them, the easiest being a phosphate removal media like GFO.

I will if I see them.

I will eventually get the kit from Bulk Reef Supply with the Carbon and GFO that you can run when I get my bigger tank.

I plan on setting it up for these kinds of things at that time.

I want to just buy a few small pumps that are cheap and use them for all the reactors since they use such a small GPH anyway to work right. As far as dosing pumps I don't know if I want to do that also like D2 has. It sure does seem easier though to just get the stuff and install it be done with it and just click the button and set the time.

I have no GFO in my tank. Cheato removes all my phosphates. It comes from decaying dead matter especially from flake food.

The BRS reactors are made to be used with the maxijet 1200s, the connectors are made specifically for them. I agree it's easier just to do it from the beginning, then have to add this stuff later on (like I'm having to do now).

Yeah I watched the vids but I forgot that until you just mentioned it. Those are cheap powerheads so cool. Like $20ish.

I am going got be careful and make sure I have it all in there and set-up beforehand and if I ever get a different tank I will have it all right there.

I have no GFO in my tank. Cheato removes all my phosphates. It comes from decaying dead matter especially from flake food.

I feed flake on my off days of feeding cubes. So far nothing but I got ya. I read that as well.

I am hoping my Cleaner Shrimp and CUC eat all the loose shart.

When I put in food the Hermits and Cleaners go crazy as if they are starving. I watched the Cleaner Shrimp run across my Brain Coral trying to snatch food from the water.

I feed flake on my off days of feeding cubes. So far nothing but I got ya. I read that as well.

I am hoping my Cleaner Shrimp and CUC eat all the loose shart.

When I put in food the Hermits and Cleaners go crazy as if they are starving. I watched the Cleaner Shrimp run across my Brain Coral trying to snatch food from the water.

I wouldnt feed flake at all. its not natural and it just causes water quality issues.

Phosphates come from the same place that nitrates come from -- your water supply, or uneaten foods. You can also remove it the same way you would nitrates -- water changes, macroalgae, or using a reactor with phosphate removal media.

Back