PIcked up Some Stuff

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
There was an add on CL today, for some free star polyps, etc...So I went and picked some up, when I got there the guy also threw in two mushrooms, and this weed thing What is it? He told me but I don't remember. He also gave me a giant bag of Chaeto. Nice hook up for free. The first pic. is the star polyps, they just haven't come out yet...Where should I place these things in my tank. Top Bottom Middle...High flow low Flow?

Attachments

• Star Polyps.jpg
    Star Polyps.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Weed.jpg
    Weed.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 314
Man you scored big time. Star polyps are same as other polyps. Low to medium flow low to medium light. They will do well about wherever you wanna put em.

You should have seen this guys tanks (I hope he's not a member of this forum) He had 2 75g tanks, 1 DT, 1 sump. these tanks were so overgrown it was disturbing. He had a foxface in his DT. He said "I lost him about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't find him, finally I jsut figured he was gone so I went and bought a new one, when I put the new one in the tank I looked in my overflow box and my old foxface was in there still alive for 2 weeks. So he took the new foxface and put it in the sump. The sump was so full of vegetation and stuff, tie straps, etc. that I was there for 15 minutes and I never saw the foxface in the sump...If you took all of the plants in your house, and all of the vegetables out of your fridge and dumped them in your sump, it would be less full than this guys sump...

We joked on the way home about calling the Humane Society to go pick up the foxface....Water was clean though...He had a couple of clowns in his tank and they looked as healthy as any clowns I've ever seen.

There was a piece of bubble algae so BIG that it had star polyps growing on IT !!

It was weird.

Here ya go. I went and dug it out of the garbage just so you could see it. On the left side of the left piece...those are start polyps growing....You should have seen this thing BEFORE it was deflated. Friggin' Huge.

Attachments

• BbleAlgae.jpg
    BbleAlgae.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Back