Pics

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
My daughter brought me two corals when she came home for a visit from Florida.
So here they are. I think she did pretty good.

Right now I have this one sitting on my sandbed but was thinking of moving them up just a tad.

zoas.jpg

This one I placed under a ledge.

ricordia.jpg

Now a couple other pics.

When I got this it was a twig. It grew quite a bit.

coral.jpg

This is Tony whom likes to host the toadstool.

TonyMR.jpg

This next pic I'm not sure if it's still alive. From day one it hasn't really done a thing. I still have it stitting on the sandbed. what do you all think?

alive.jpg

looks bleached out to me as well ... i never quite understood why corals bleach out after you add them ... anyone have a clue as to why corals bleach out? stress? water quality?

Corals bleach from too high or too low of light.

Corals look great. I love the shape of the rock that all those radio active dragone eyes are on. I love the color of the ric too. I don't know about the bottom pic. It looks like a bleached kenya tree. If it is kenya then it should be tough. I didn't have a light on my tank for about two weeks, just some window light. When I finally put my PC's back on it I whole time. Talk about tough.

awesome pics Piggy!!! That is a good sized Zoa rock. I love my bi-color rics too. They are slow to split, but are cool when they do. Your tank looks great. Post a full tank shot once you find a place for all the new corals

-Doc

Nice pics piggy! I really liked the shot of tony. And that's sayin a lot because I usually don't care much for clown pics. Looks like you have some cool stuff in there now

Back