pink tail trigger

Do you have the Niger Trigger now? I love Triggers and have had several over the years when I had a fish only tank. I've had Niger, Clown and Undulated at various times. Mine would all come to the top of the tank and take food from my fingers whenever I approached the tank. I'm guessing the fish will do fine with each other but one or the other Triggers will eventually eat the shrimp. The last Niger I had lived peacefully in my tank with a Chocolate Chip Star Fish for almost a year. One morning I came down and the starfish was in tiny pieces all over the tank. I think the Triggers get to a certain size or age then the predator in them kicks in. Most reef "clean up crew" like shrimp, crabs, snails, stars are on the Triggers natural diet list. My understanding is they typically don't bother corals.

yes i have niger trigger now and a guy is selling a pink tail trigger for 40 dollars or make offer. he says it is about 4-6 inches

How big is your Tomato Clown? If it is a really small one it may make a snack for the new Trigger. If it is truly approaching 6 inches it is a pretty good sized fish.

The Pink Tail and Niger Triggers are considered among the more peaceful Triggers and would probably do great in your 125. If you want to focus on fish moving forward I would go for it.

You could still have nice corals moving forward too but remember that any crabs, shrimp, etc. that you want MAY become dinner for the triggers. In addition Triggers need to eat a lot of meaty foods (especially a 6" Trigger) so they also $#!^ alot which could present a challenge to keep your water quality up if you decide to add corals down the line.

the maroon clown is about 3 inches..before i get any corals i will get new lighting which i am trying to figure out which one would be the best...but goodness they are expensive...

OH MY GOD!!!

I love this fish. I had one for years (his name was Tangent). He was by far in my top two most favorite fish ever.

Then a rockslide in my tank killed him -- I found him (and two other fish) pinned beneath a dislodged boulder a few months ago.

Here is a picture of my handsome guy:
111607041.jpg

They are great fish, and most likely will not bother any of your inverts. It will also get along fine with your other fish, IMO.

I've told Christian that if he ever wants to get me something for my tank, I would only want three fish (ones that I used to have, but died).

A pink tail trigger, a leopard wrasse and a lawnmower blenny.

I need to get new lights before I get any more corals than the ones I already have in my 90.

That sounds like a pretty good price to me. I'd roll up with a 20, and a couple 10's. See if he'll do it for thirty after you decide you like him. However like everyone else said, any invert in your tank is gonna look like dinner th them. I wanted a blue jaw trigger before I found this out.

Thanks Solar! He was so friendly and full of personality.

$40 is an amazing deal for that fish. I paid close to $100 for mine.

Back