Placement of Koralia 3's

SlyRider

Reefing newb
Hey Guys, I have 2 Koralia 3's in my tank to create more water flow. What is the best place to put them. Where I have them now, it is causing the sand to move away in certain areas of my tank. Is it because I just dont have much floor cover in the tank. I have them on the sides, about mididdle. One faces forward, the other face towards the back. I have them kinda angled up so that they arent blowing into the sand, yet it moves it anyway. Any help would be great.

Try putting them on the back wall, towards the edges aimed up and towards the middle so they hit each other. Anywhere you put them you will have to adjust them so that they have the desired effect you are wanting.

I have a 55 and 2 Koralia 3's as well. I have one in the front right corner, pointed to the center of the front glass and facing slightly up. My other one is in the back left corner, pointed slightly down but towards the glass. This gives my tank a good flow, maybe even a little too much. I've had to uses rocks to divert some of the flow away from my hammer corals.

I'd put one in each back corner, facing the front at 45 degree angles. Near the surface of the water, so they are creating ripples and water movement where the air and water meet.

Back