Plant/Vegetation is it good or bad?

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
These plant like strands started growing on my zoos about a month ago and is getting bigger by the day. The rock of zoos has been in my tank for over 6 months with no growth and then all of a sudden ... boom there it was. If you look behind the rock of zoos you will see my pink panther zoos. It has started to spread into them and that is a nice sized rock. Is it something good or something harmful? Would just like to find out before its too late and i lose half of my zoos.

2.jpg

i dunno what the green alien tenticles are... but i'm currious about all the bubbles, is that normal?

I sooo want to get into zoos, but my tank just isnt old enough yet...

Looks like the start of caulerpa racemosa...aka grape caulerpa. Tangs love it. ;)
CaulerpaAlg

The small green cup looking algae is acetabularia...aka Mermaids Wineglass.
GreenAlg

I also see some dinoflagellates...the little bubbles on the rock.

Last edited:
I have a small patch in my Red Sea Max that sprung up from no where, it seems. Strange. Guess my 9 Tangs in there will take care of it. :lol:

I was going to post virtually the same type of picture tonight, asking what it was. I will say that my tang has not touched mine, so I'll just pull in out before it gets onto my Lobo, which is where it is headed :shock:

Back