Please Help Worms

pgr11

Reefing newb
Came home tonight and on one of my rocks was a half pink and half purple worm. It was very hairy looking. Tried to get a pic but it was gone by the time i got back to the tank. Not sure what it was and was hoping you all might have an idea. Should I be worried? I have read brisstle worms are bad and need to be removed but i cant find a good pic of one that looks like what i saw. Any help?

About the only thing they will hurt is your fingers. Excelent reef janitors. Do they look like these...

PICT1176.jpg

People just dont like them because the look scary and people often think that they are fireworms which have a god-awful sting. But the odds of actually getting a fire worm is so rare, you would probably have to get rocks directly from the ocean to get one.

They also will eat dead and dying things, so people will see them on something, your clam for instance, and assume that brisleworms are what killed it, when it was already dead

He looked a little like those worms salty. he was small, and looked real hairy. he was half pink half purple. I guess i will just take a wait and see attitude about it.

Back