please. need advisce on fraging

Kwater

Chill
i want to frag some of my corals and spread the fragment pieces to diffrent parts of my tank.
1 what is the proper way to fragment, what could go wrong
2 what corals are best for fragmenting and how should u do it.

pleaze any advisce would be great, i really dont want to hurt my corals. thank you

most corals have different fraging techniques so if you could tell us what you want to frag that would help us tell you how to properly frag them

for a candy cane, you need a frag plug, super glue gel, and bone cutter. to frag it use the bone cutters to cut off the stalk that you want to frag and then glue it to the frag plug with the super glue gel

wow thats confusing. i just thought that you could snip it from the stemey looking pices and then u got yourself a frag

if this is not true, than what corals are that easy to frag. ?? =)

i think candy canes are easy to frag, i guess i didnt explain well enough, the actually fragging for a candy cane is easy, just use bone cutters and snip the stalk that you want to frag and then there is your frag. then once your done fragging you need to put it some were for it to grow and thats were the frag plug comes in. you glue the cut stalk on the plug and your done

ohhh ok that sounds easier. does it halft to be put on the frag plug or can i nestle it in a rock.

also when i frag a coral will i just end up with two corals. or will the corals grow new heads, or will the previouse heads just get bigger.

also thanx for ur help

you dont have to put it on a frag plug but if your going to be selling frags then youll have to put them on a frag plug. and yes once you frag it youll have two separate corals that will now both grow new heads

If you do frag it and are planning on keeping it in your tank. Take some super glue gel and glue it to a smaller rock. If you try to just stick it in your rocks it has a good chance of getting lost.

it can still get lost even if it is a big coral. also y are they called candy canes, it seems to me they look nothing like candy canes to me???

Back