Plumbing Help !!!!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
I am guessing that once I get my pump (mag-5) and overflow box I can start to mock up my plumbing. I think that the overflow and the pump are both 1/2 inch outputs. My question is what is the common diameter size for plumbing??? I was thinking to go from 1/2 inch outputs to 1 inch pvc ??? PLEASE HELP !!!:frustrat::frustrat:

Feed line 1/2 inch ID (inside diameter)/ overflow or return to sump 3/4 ID or 1 inch. overflow return should always be one to two pipe sizes larger than the feed line from the sump to the tank. Good luck.

ok ..... so then the line comming from the overflow down to the sump should be 1 inch and the return linefrom the sump to the main tank should be 1/2 ? John am I reading you right ??? thank you !

The drain line from the tank should be at least 1",I'd probably even go 1-1/2" on that one.I'm thinking that my return is a half inch.I'm running a mag 5,so I'm thinking you'd be alright with that.

Sorry, I must have missed something. if the overflow output is 1/2", then 1 inch will be just fine for your line to the sump. just use a reducing coupler for the transition.

Back