PO again

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, so my PO3/4 has been rising over the last two months. Tests today show it as 1.0 after a 10% water change yesterday. How much is too much? Yes, I know that reliability of the test isn't great, but taken twice weekly it is showing a definite rise. Will a reading of 1.0 or even higher effect my livestock?

If you have corals yes, and it will fuel algae.

Are you using tap water? How much are you feeding? What are feeding? How many fish do you have?

your corals wont be happy , and youll probably start seeing nuisance algae , what you can do for it to be used up is add macro algae to your sump for it to use up the phosphate, what kind of food are you feeding your fish? flakes and pellets are notorious for rising phosphates because of the ash they have, and also overfeeding of any kind will cause phosphates to rise as well

ninja'd by L_F

Feeding frozen. 1 cube about every day. Sometimes I skip a day. Mixed variaties of it. I use and have only used RODI water from day one. 7 small fish. Largest is my Onespot FF and it is only 3". I run the lights for about 10 hours a day. I have rock in the sump with the skimmer.

Would my "needs to be removed" sponge filter in the sump be part of this issue? Where do I find the macro algea you mentioned? Whats it called?

I would remove the sponge filter. You can also get the macro algae online or some LFS will carry it. The best macro algae IMO is cheato, but there are some really pretty macro algae out there if you want to make a display fuge

Back