pod problems

dixiegirl21191

Reef Junkie
So in my 3 gal I have what seems like hundreds of tiny pods swimming around. Is there an invert I can add that will eat them? I really don't want any crabs in there with my cleaner. Any thoughts?

look into a small goby like a Trimma , Tiger , etc. they will take care of them . My green banded goby is a pod hunting machine , and they all eat frozen as well.

Good Luck

mandarin goby might help ya. my parents have one in their thank and it eats the heck out of the copepods and the amphipods

I wouldn't dare put a dragonet in the 3 gal. Too small for them. That's why I was wondering if there is an invert that will eat them and not prey on my cleaner.

They will reach a balance point. Do you think a clown goby would be to big for your system? I had one in my old 10 gallon was such a little dude with great personality...

lol get a flashlight and look in the tank in the middle of the night....that will learn ya...:shock:

I'm planning on putting a panda clown goby in there as soon as one of my lfs's get them in.

Ooooh I had a pair of panda gobies in a 2 gallon pico tank. Once I added them, I never saw them out in the tank again. They are so small that even in the smallest of small tanks they disappear! I was quite upset... At one point I took out the rocks to look for them (there were only two small rocks in the tank) and I found one, but not the other. Then when I put the rocks back, that was it -- I never saw them again, ever. They are very difficult to feed, FYI. And I even had a stylophora in the tank for them (the coral they like to live in, supposedly). They never hung out in the coral either. Be sure you read up on them. After doing more research I came to the conclusion that they are not suitable fish for the home aquarium and should be left in the ocean.

Back