poll: add a second clownfish?

would you attempt to add a second clown to make a lonely clown happy?

• yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Stick with the same type of clown, and look for a fish with the largest size difference as possible. If they are similar sized, they will likely fight for dominance. If one is much bigger than the other, the little one won't even try to pull crap like that.

No for me. Our tanks aren't the ocean, if they fight, there's nowhere for them to escape the dominant one. Look for paired clowns at the store, IMHO, don't try to add a new one to an established system

i got a pair but one didnt make it 24 hours. now i feel obligated to give this one a friend. went to the lfs today and didnt see any of much different size.

I say yes seeing that you only have two fishes.In all honesty,I really don't think size matters to much with perculas.Close to same size or bigger should be okay,I'm emphasizing should be okay.

I voted yet because I have two perculas that are different colors and they get along great with each other. I enjoy watching the two do things together.

I think it depends on your tank and what you want. I have had clowns off and on for years and I am like Yote. I am so over them. They are good beginner fish but I hate how they try to host in my coral - kills my coral. Bastard Nemo and his idiot friend!

Anyway, after my shark ate them, I have sworn them off. You have gotten good direction if you choose to add one as far as size goes. Good luck

-Doc

i wish that i never put one in my tank i want a firefish and every time i add one the f**n clown kills it

See I would take a clownfish over a firefish anyday, but that's just me and that's why this hobby is interesting. Everyone has different tastes and ideas of what looks good and is entertaining.

On the other hand when I get a bigger tank I will probably not have a clownfish in it and will have larger fish

Back