polyp id

poolshark181

Reefing newb
dunno what this is, never seen it before.

P1060292.jpg

anyone care to guess?

I agree. Majano. Everyone says they don't spread fast. But I had one 6 months ago, and now I have 2 dozen. And I've been slowly trying to kill them off because they are totally covering the rock that the original one was on, and I have too many corals on that rock that are at risk of being smothered out by them.

I've had the same majano on the same rock for a year now.Its not spread at all and its sitting right in the middle of some zoas,which I thought would have already smothered the little anemone out.
Personally,I think the choice is up to you,I like em and would keep it,Biff would kill it.What are you gonna do with it?

yeah. they will choke out your corals. Joe's Juice kills them dead. Just turn off your powerheads when you dose them so the treatment doesn't get onto desirable corals.

-Doc

Last edited:
I have one and now a year later,I have two.They are considered bad but not as bad as aiptasia.Go ahead and remove it while it isn't a problem.You use the same technique to kill it like aiptasia...salt paste,kalk paste,lemon juice etc.

Back