Pom pom

I had one for a long time, very cool critter, but even in the 3 gal tank i didnt see it too often. They are nocturnal like most crabs, so dont plan on seeing them a bunch.

I put one in my 50 and saw it 2 times in 4 months. They are small, nocturnal, and very well camouflaged. Really cool little crabs, but very difficult to keep up with. They are excellent little hiders! I transferred everything from my 50 to my 90 when I upgraded, but I've never seen the little guy in the big tank. He may be in there, maybe not. I'll probably never see him in there though, even if he did make the move....

I actually see my sexy shrimp quite a bit, but they dont clean anything. Mine will also decide they want to eat a coral and will go after it until i move it far far away from them. I dont think I will be replacing them.

I finally got my pom pom and I love it! Got some pictures this morning of it out in the open. It only has one anemone though. Will it find something else to put in his other claw? And will they fight with each other? I'm thinking about getting a second one.

He should eventually split the pom pom he has, but if both pom poms die I have heard stories of them grabbing mushrooms or zoas.

I would stick with one in a small tank. My LFS owner had two in a small tank and I guess there were some territorial disputes, and she removed one.

Back