Poor Clown lost his tail, Help!

KillerChimps3600

Reefing newb
I had two clowns and 1 yellow tail damsel. They were in the tank together for about 6months and just two days ago i noticed one of my clowns tail was completely gone and she can hardly swim and the others tail was bit a little but he will be fine.

I brought the damsel back and my question now is will her tail grow back? I'm thinking no, but it does look like a very small clear tail is trying to grow. She can't really control herself and is usually floating upside down. I don't wanna kill her but I don't like seeing her suffer, what should I do?

I put her in one of the little nets for baby fish, and put a cover over part of it so shes can get out of the light and some fake plants too, but she is just sitting at the top sideways.

I'll try and get a pic.

She tries too, but she has a hard time getting it.

I think shes a goner :/
2012-01-071643081.jpg

Well since she passed, my remaining clown Niemi just sits on the bottom and doesnt really move, he still eats like crazy and when i come up to the tank he gets all excited but when i leave, he just goes right back to the bottom.

Can fish be depressed? ha

I would think they can be depressed. I know Lily seemed just fine in my new tank, mostly hanging out in the lagoon. But when I brought James home, it was like she did a little happy dance and started swimming all around him like "where have you BEEN?!?!" Now they swim all over the aquarium together.

As to another tank inhabitant, you could consider a clown (probably much larger than the one you already have), basslet, firefish, goby, blenny, or any other nano fish, really! There are so many neat options out there..........

First of all sorry for the lost clown. I have always read that clowns are less stressed when in pairs which typically means they are more immune to disease. I have never had to introduce a new clown to one that is already established but hopefully she doesn't get territorial.

Well i just added another clown tonight, they seemed good while i was watching em and now they are both sleeping in the sand a few inches apart. So I'd say they are off to a good start! Also i have named him/her Cookie :)

Back